This is My Big Guide to Drawing Cartoon Pigs with Basic Shapes
This guide will show you how to draw many different pigs…all with simple shapes, letters, and numbers. If you can draw numbers and letters than you can also draw these comic-styled pigs. There are several pig drawing tutorials below and you can take bits and pieces from each of these tutorials to creatively design your own pig character.
Firstly Lets Think About What Features Real Pigs Have
When drawing a cartoon character of an animal, you first have to think about what sort of ‘features’ or ‘characteristics’ that animal has. So lets look at a pig…most pigs will have the following features:
(1) Cute floppy ears
(2) Long snout
(4) Most pigs are fat – fatter than the pic I have above
(5) Curly Tail
As we draw our pigs, we can play with those features to make silly looking creatures. But, as we do this, we have to make sure that the drawing always looks like a pig. Think of cartoons as caricatures of people and animals. Get as silly and playful as you want to. DRAWING SHOULD ALWAYS BE FUN!!!
Several Simple Shaped Comic Pigs Lessons Below
Below you will find several drawing lessons. All of these use basic shapes to draw cartoon pigs. If you want to go even further to draw more complicated cartoon pigs, there are several tutorials that will help you. Here are More Cartoon Pig Lessons to Take a Look At. You can build your own cartoon pigs by using bits and pieces from these tutorials.
Easiest Pigs Made from Ovals
This a very easy pig to draw and is a good starter tutorial for young children. Here are the steps.
(1) Draw an oval.
(2) Draw another oval for head. Draw a circle for the tail.
(3) Draw letter ‘W’ for front legs. Draw #9 shape in tail.
(4) Draw letter ‘V’ ears and back legs. Draw oval eyes.
(5) Draw lines in each ear. Draw oval nostrils. Draw letter ‘T’ shape mouth.
Draw Lowercase Letter e Nosed Pigs
I know that you can draw this cute little piggy if you follow these basic steps.
(1) Draw an egg shaped oval (don’t worry if it isn’t perfect).
(2) Draw a lowercase letter ‘e’ for the nose. Draw a spiral tail – the spiral is a similar shape to a backwards lowercase letter ‘e’.
(3) Draw sideways number ‘3’ shapes for legs. Draw a sideways #8 for the eyes.
(4) Draw ovals for the nostrils and the pupils of the eye. Draw curved lines for brows and cheek. Draw a triangle-ish ear.
Draw Circle Bodied Comic Pigs
Here is another simple cartoon pig to draw.
(1) Start by drawing a circle (doesn’t need to be perfect).
(2) Draw a sideways capital letter ‘E’ for the front legs. Draw an oval nose.
(3) Draw a capital letter ‘L’ for each back leg. Draw oval nostrils. Draw a curved line for each ear.
(4) draw oval eyes. Draw another curved line for each ear. Draw a line in each leg.
Draw Capital ‘D’ Shaped Pigs
This is another easy piggy to draw. All the shapes are very basic.
(1) Draw a sideways capital letter ‘D’ shape.
(2) Draw a letter ‘R’ shape for each ear. The letter ‘R’s are angular but still look like letter ‘R’s. Draw an oval for the snout.
(3) Draw circle thighs and eyes. Draw a sideways letter ‘V’ on both sides of the body.
(4). Draw another circle within each eye. Draw oval nostrils. Draw another, larger, sideways letter ‘v’ on both sides of the body. Draw a triangle for each hoof.
(5) Draw a triangle for each arm hoof. Draw a triangle highlight in each eye.
Number 6 Shaped Cartoon Pigs
This is my favorite cartoon piggy…I hope you like it. Here are the steps.
(1) Draw a number 6 shape.
(2) Draw a lowercase ‘e’ for the tail. Draw an oval for the snout. Draw 3 lines for legs.
(3) Draw curved lines to close the legs. Draw 2 lines for the arm. Draw a letter ‘v’ ear.
(4) Draw a letter ‘v’ shape on the tail. Draw a letter ‘T’ shape for smile. Draw sideways #8 for eyes. Draw a line in the ear. Draw ? shape on arm.
(5) Draw oval belly button. Draw letter ‘m’ fingers – with one extra hump. Draw oval nostrils and pupils. Draw curved lines for brows.
Draw Pigs with Number 9 Shaped Snouts
This is also a cute piggy and not so hard to draw. Here are the steps.
(1) Draw a pill-shaped oval.
(2) Draw rectangle shaped legs. Draw sideways letter ‘U’ for the tail. Draw sideways number 8 shaped eyes.
(3) Draw letter ‘W’ shape for each hoof. Draw #9 shaped snout.
(4) Draw ovals for nostrils. Draw oval in tail. Draw oval pupil.
(5) Draw sideways letter ‘J’ smile. Draw letter ‘c’ ear. Draw letter ‘v’ on tail. Draw curved line brows.
Now Create Your Own Pig Creations
Now you know how to draw some basic-shaped cartoon pigs. Here are More Cartoon Pig Lessons to Take a Look At. Now it is time to mix and match what you have learned and make up your own pig creations. Post your pig drawings – we would love to see them. Make them funny by adding funny captions. Have fun!!!
You Might Also Enjoy
Technorati Tags: how to draw cartoon pigs, how to draw pigs, drawing cartoon pigs, drawing comic pigs, drawing pigs, cartoon characters, drawing for kids, drawing for children, pigs, cartoon pigs, comic pigs