Do you want to learn how to draw a cartoon baby deer (or even a female deer or doe)? Here is a fun drawing tutorial that will show you the steps to draw a cartoon deer with simplified steps.
How to Draw Cartoon Baby Deer with Step by Step Drawing Lesson
Lightly draw an oval with a letter ‘U’ shape at the bottom of it.
– Draw guidelines thru the center of the deer’s face. Use guidelines to place facial features.
– Draw ovals for eyes.
– The nose is more of a sideways capital D shape (that is rounded).
– Draw an oval and a circle in each eye.
– Draw an oval inside the nose for the highlight.
– Draw a letter ‘J’ and a backwards letter ‘J’ shape under the nose.
– Draw a slanted letter ‘E’ shape (as seen in red) and an upside down letter ‘V’ shape (as seen in blue) for each ear.
– Draw a letter ‘M’ shape for the tuft of hair on the top of the head.
– Draw 2 oval shapes for the neck and body.
– Draw a line connecting the neck to the body.
– Draw a letter ‘U’ shape and a triangle shape for the front legs.
– Draw letter ‘E’ shapes for the deer’s feet.
– The tail is made up of #7-like shapes.
– The legs are also made up basic shapes such as the letter ‘L’, the #7, and the ? shape.
Finished Cartoon Deer
Draw a few more details, such as the spots on the deer’s back. I hope that your deer turned out great!