I used to love to draw fish when I was bored. I liked that you can change the fish up any way that you want and they still look like fish. Today I am going to show you how to make this cartoonized version of a fish. You can change it up any way that you like, but you might want to first learn how to draw it the way that I show you. Below you will find a step by step illustrated tutorial.
How to Draw Cartoon Fish with Basic Shapes for Kids
Start off by lightly drawing an oval.
Then draw a letter ‘x’ -like shape.
– Draw a sideways #8 shape by drawing 2 circles side-by-side. Make the circle on the right larger than the one on the left.
– Draw 2 sideways letter ‘S’ shapes, using the letter ‘x’ as a guide to where you should place them.
– Draw 2 circles in each eye.
– Draw a backwards #3-like shape to the left of the fish. These will be the fish’s lips.
– Draw a squiggly line to finish off the back fin.
– Finish off the lips with an arrow-like shape.
– Lightly draw an oval.
– Lightly draw a rectangle on the top of the fish.
– Draw 2 curved lines in the fish’s bottom lip.
– Draw 2 letter ‘S’-like shapes within the oval.
– Draw squiggly lines within the rectangle.
– Draw 2 lines connecting the curved lines in the lip.
– Draw a #3 shape in the oval to finish that fin off.
– Draw a bunch of #3 shapes for the fish’s scales.
– Now draw a bunch of curved lines within the fish’s fins.
– Erase the guidelines (they were the blue lines in the tutorial).
– Darken the fish’s lines and fill in the eyes.
Finished Cartoon Fish
– Color the fish any colors that you want. Make more fish and see if you can make them unique.