Do you want to learn how to draw a house in correct perspective so that it really looks like it is 3-dimensional? Here is an easy to follow tutorial that will help you not only draw houses, but also anything else that you want to draw in correct 2 point perspective.
How to Draw a House with Easy Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
We draw with perspective drawing techniques in order to make a more realistic 3-dimensional object. In this technique, every set of parallel lines has its own vanishing points.
More specifically, when we are drawing or viewing something in 2 point perspective, we are seeing the object at a corner, and the 2 sets of parallel lines are moving away from us to the vanishing points….as you see above (vp stands for vanishing points). Here is a Basic 1 Point and 2 Point Perspective Lesson and Here is an Intro Lesson to Perspective.
Below we will show you how to draw a house in Two Point Perspective.
Like I mentioned above, we will be drawing this house in two point perspective. We will be using 2 vanishing points (vp) to create this 3-dimentional house.
You will want a wide piece of paper. Draw a dot on both sides of this wide paper…these will be the vanishing points (vp). Use a ruler to draw a line from one dot to the other.
Use a ruler to draw 3 vertical lines along the line…as seen above.
(optionally) If you have a T-Square…use this, as it is a great tool to ensure the lines are vertical.
Now take a ruler and draw a line from each dot to the vanishing point on both ends. Notice that one of the dots is lower than the other.
You can erase the parts of the lines that are below or above the lines that you just drew.
Find the center of the top-left line. Then Draw a vertical line there.
Also draw a few other vertical lines, as seen above.
– Draw a line from the left-most line to the left vanishing point….extend it further (as seen in the picture above). Then draw a line from the right vanishing point to the 2nd left-most vertical line that you drew in the last step….also extend it further. Both those lines will meet (as seen in the picture above).
– Draw lines toward the right vanishing point for the windows on the right wall.
– Draw a triangle-like shape from the top point of the roof to the left wall and the right wall…but extend it a bit further to touch the next wall.
– Draw a few vertical lines.
– Draw two slanted lines for the sides of the roof.
Draw lines over to the left vanishing point.
– Draw lines out to the right vanishing point.
– Extend one of the walls a bit (I erased it by accident in one of the previous steps.
– Draw 2 vertical lines.
– Draw a line over to the right vanishing point.
– Draw slanted lines for the lower roof.
Erase any lines that you don’t need any more.