Today I will show you how to draw an adorable little boy and a little girl staring at each other because they “like like’ each other. In other words they have a crush on each other or are in “puppy love” with one another. This would be a wonderful picture to draw on your Valentines Day Cards. We will show you how to draw each of these characters with easy-to-follow steps that you are sure to be able to draw along with.
How to Draw Boy and Girl in Puppy Love for Valentines Day
Start off the drawing by lightly drawing basic shapes…that we will then form into figures of a boy and girl.
– Draw another triangle-ish shape for the girl’s arm sleeve.
– Draw an upside down capital letter ‘J’ for the arm of the boy.
– Draw a capital letter ‘E’ shape for the boy’s pants.
– Draw the girl’s legs and arms with 2 lines for each.
– Draw a capital letter ‘D’-like shape for one of the girl’s and one of the boy’s feet. The bottom of one of the girl’s feet is a sideways #3-like shape.
– Draw a capital letter ‘E’ shape for one of the girl’s hands.
– Draw a sideways #9-like shape for the boy’s cap.
– Draw a few more basic shapes.
– Draw 2 letter ‘J’-like shapes on the girl’s shoes and a letter ‘S’ and an upside down ?-like shape on the boy’s feet.
– Draw an upside down letter U-like shape on the hat.
– Outline some of the guidelines, as seen above.
– Draw a #3-like shape on one of the girl’s shoes and one of the boy’s shoes.
– Draw a letter ‘S’ like curve on the girl’s hair.
– Draw guidelines in the boy’s and the girls’ face. Also draw an upside down letter ‘U’ shape on top of the hat.
– Draw sideways #9-like shapes for eyes and upside down letter ‘u’ shaped noses.
– Draw a heart shape on the girl’s hair.
– Draw a letter ‘c’ shaped ear on the boy.
– Outline the guidelines a bit more.
Erase guidelines (blue in this tutorial) and lines that aren’t needed any more.
– Add a few more details, such as a lollipop, which is just a circle with a #6-like spiral, and 2 lines for a stick.
– Add a curved line on each of boy’s shoes for the tops of the shoes…also draw a few letter ‘x’ shapes.
Draw a heart in the center of the boy and girl.
Finished Drawing of a Boy and Girl in Love with Each Other
This is what your little boy and little girl should look like. See how they stare at each other with such adoration?! They are in puppy love! I hope that you had fun!