Valentine’s day is in February and I thought that many of you would like to know how to draw a baby Cupid. This picture has Cupid holding a bow and arrow with a satchel full of arrows. We will show you how to draw him with easy steps that you can follow along with.
Drawing Cartoon Baby Cupid with a Bow and Arrows Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
Start this drawing of Cupid by lightly sketching 2 ovals in the shape of a #8.
– Lightly draw a guideline thru the center of the baby’s head. Use this guideline to help you place facial features.
– Draw a letter ‘C’ shaped nose and ear.
– Draw 2 oval eyes.
– Draw a letter ‘D’ shaped body…on a slight angle forward.
– Draw a mouth that slightly resembles a letter ‘U’.
– Draw 2 sideways letter ‘J’ eye brows.
– Draw a letter ‘S’ in the ear.
– Draw 2 ovals to form the shape of one of the arms.
– Draw a large letter ‘S’ shape on the back of the letter ‘D’.
– Draw a large ‘?’ shape in front of the letter ‘S’.
– Draw a few curved lines for hairs.
– Draw a #3 shape for the hair above the ear.
– Draw 2 curved lines below the mouth shape you drew in the previous step.
– Outline the ovals you made for the arm…then draw 3 ovals…2 of them form a #8 shape.
– Lightly draw 2 ovals for the shape of the other arm.
– Draw a letter ‘J’ shape for the back of one of the legs.
– Draw a letter ‘L’ shape below the ear.
– Draw a #3 shape on the right hand…for fingers.
– Draw a cone shape for the arrow head.
– Draw 2 flattened letter ‘S’ shapes on top of and below the fingers for the bow shape.
– Draw an oval and curved lines behind the baby for the satchel that is holding the arrows.
– Outline the letter ‘S’ shapes that you drew for the bow…this will make up the actual shape of the bow.
– Draw 2 lines behind the cone for the arrow.
– Draw a letter ‘L’ shape for the last finger on the right hand.
– Draw a lowercase letter ‘r’ shape for the front of the wing…draw a curved line for the back of the wing. These are just guidelines for when you draw the feathers.
– Draw lines on the arrow’s satchel…to connect the curved lines together. Also draw circles on it and letter ‘V’ shapes above it.
– Draw circles on the ends of the bow.
– Draw 2 #7-like shapes at the end of the arrow.
– Use the guidelines that we made for the wings to draw the feathers which are just letter ‘J’ shapes.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘C’ shape at the bottom of the arrow case/satchel.
– Lightly draw 2 ovals that form a #8 shape for the back leg.
– Draw lines down from the letter ‘V’ shapes (that are above the satchel)…to form the arrows.
– Draw a lines in the arrow feathers.
– Draw letter ‘C’ shapes for toes on the front foot.
– Draw a sideways ?-like shape on the back foot.
– Draw straps for the satchel case.
Erase the guidelines and darken important lines.
Finished Baby Cupid
You now have an adorable cartoon baby Cupid to draw on Valentine’s Day. You can draw Cupid on your Valentine’s Day Cards or other love related artwork that you want to draw.