The Hunger Games in an amazing book series (written by Suzanne Collins) as well as an amazing movie series. I absolute love everything about the book and the movie. I know that my kids and husband are all crazy about them as well, so I figure you might be too. Do you want to learn how to draw the famous Mockingjay pin that Katniss Everdeen wears in The Hunger Games? Well, today I am going to show you how to draw this Mockingjay pin. I have broken down the tutorial into easy illustrated steps…I will guide you to drawing it with simple shapes such as geometric shapes, letters, and numbers. May the odds be ever in your favor!
How to Draw the Hunger Games Logo aka The Mockingjay Pin
Start off by lightly drawing 2 ovals in the position you see above.
– Draw a curved line connecting both the ovals.
– Draw letter ‘m’ shape on top of smaller oval.
– Draw a very long letter ‘V’ shape for the beak.
– Draw another long letter ‘v’ like shape so that together both the ‘v’ shapes form a letter ‘W’ shape.
– Draw 2 different sized ovals for eyes.
– Draw zig-zag shapes on top of the head for the downy feathers.
– Draw letter ‘v’ like shape at the top of the beak. Also draw 2 ovals for nostrils.
– Draw letter ‘S’ like shapes – when I say this, I mean that it has that forward then backwards curve that a letter ‘s’ has.
– Draw a bunch of letter ‘v’ shaped feathers.
– Draw some guide shapes for the feathers that you will draw next.
– Also draw 2 lines for the stick that the arrows will be connected to soon.
– Draw more feathers…these ones will have a letter ‘J’ like curves.
– Elongate the stick a bit (my bad) on the right side. Draw letter ‘V’ shapes on the stick that you drew.
– Draw more letter ‘v’ shaped feathers.
– Close the arrows off.
– Draw 2 large circles around the Mocking Jay.
Darken important lines.
Erase guidelines (blue in this tutorial).
Finished Drawing of the Mockingjay Pin (Hunger Games Logo)
And there you have it, the finished line drawing of the Hunger Games’ Logo. Keep in mind that it looks different as a line drawing than it looks embossed in a gold pin. So that is why it looks a bit different. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.