Leprechauns are an essential part of Saint Patricks Day. He is a mischievous little imp who hide all of their gold in a pot and hide it at the end of rainbows. If you ever catch a leprechaun he has to grant you three wishes. Leprechauns are very small creatures and you can try to trap them by luring them to pieces of gold. Today we will show you to draw a Leprechaun so you can celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day with some fun drawings. The following steps should help you draw an adorable little Leprechaun…have fun.
How to Draw a Leprechaun Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
Start off the leprechaun by drawing an oval with guides drawn thru it.
Draw a sideways ?-like shape on top of the head. Draw an upside down letter ‘u’ shape for the nose. Draw a curved line for the mouth.
– Draw a curved letter ‘E’ like shape on the left side of the face.
– Draw a cloud-like shape for each eye brow.
– Draw a letter ‘u’ like curved shape under the top of the nose.
– Draw a curved line at either end of the mouth.
– Draw a curved line at the top of the head.
– Draw a letter ‘c’ like curved shape at either end of the nose.
– Draw a letter ‘m’-like shape below the mouth.
– Draw hump-like shapes around the face for the beard.
– Lightly draw a rectangle shape at the top of the head for the guideline to the hat. Draw 2 rectangles within the hat for the belt buckle.
– Draw humpy-curves in the face for part of the beard.
– Draw an oval and two #3-like shapes for the bow.
– Draw two letter ‘M’-like shapes for the lapels of his suit.
– draw a letter ‘m’-like shape at the top of the hat.
– Start drawing the 4 leaf clover by drawing an oval with four #3-like shapes around it.
– Outline the bow.
– Draw two #7-like shapes for each arm.
– Draw 2 letter ‘L’ shapes and a letter ‘w’ shape at the bottom of the Leprechaun.
– Finish the shamrock shape.
– Draw a curved line for the belt on the hat.
– Draw a few letter ‘L’-like shapes.
– Draw a rectangle for the belt buckle.
– Draw a few letter ‘s’-like curves for the shoes.
– Draw a #9-like shape and a letter ‘P’-like shape for the coat cuffs.
– Draw 2 curved lines for the belt buckle.Also draw a letter ‘c’ shape for the buckle prong. And a circle for the button on his vest.
– For the left shoe: Draw a letter ‘u’ shape, a curved line at the back, and 2 rectangle shapes for the buckle.
– For the right shoe: Draw a ?-like shape, 2 rectangles, and a curved line.
– Draw a letter ‘B’ shape for each hand.
– Draw a few basic shapes on each shoe.
– Draw a curve line for each coat pocket.
– Draw a letter ‘v’ shape at the bottom of the coat.
– Draw curvy line at the bottom of each knicker (pants/shorts).
Now finish things up by erasing any guidelines and darkening or thickening any lines that need repairing.
Finished Drawing of a Leprechaun
You can color yours in any way you want, but this is how I did it. I hope this tutorial helped you and that you enjoyed learning how to draw a leprechaun.