Today I will show you how to draw Princess Celestia from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. She is the co-ruler of Equestria and her job is to raise the sun. She is the mentor of Twilight Sparkle. I will guide you thru this step by step drawing tutorial by showing you how to draw Princess Celestia with basic geometrical shapes, alphabet letters, and numbers. Follow along below.
How to Draw Princess Celestia from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
Lightly draw a circle with guidelines thru the center.
– Use the guidelines to help you place facial features.
– Draw a tall capital letter ‘A’ shape for the horn.
– Draw 2 flattened letter ‘s’ like shapes…as seen above…and a curved line.
– Draw more curved lines in the horn.
– Draw a letter ‘m’-like shape on the head.
– Draw a curved line for the top of the head and the front of the snout.
– Draw an oval for the body and stick figure legs…a #7-like shape for the front and back leg and a curved line for the middle legs.
– Draw a diamond shape inside the crown…as well as a letter ‘s’-like shape and a heart-like shape.
– Draw a letter ‘s’ curve for the lashes…also draw 2 curved lines inside the eye.
– Draw the mouth and nostrils…also draw a #5-like shape on the right-side of the face.
– Draw lines on either side of the neck.
– Outline the stick-legs…with a #5-like shape on the front and back leg…and also a #7-like shape on the back leg. All the other lines are just simple curved lines.
– Draw 2 ovals inside the eye as well as a letter ‘M’ like shape for the lashes.
– Draw ovals in the diamond…as well as letter ‘j’ like shapes in the crown.
– Draw a letter ‘s’ curve around the neck area as well as draw a diamond shape.
– Draw more outlines of the stick legs…including a #5-like shape and other basic shapes.
– Draw the hair flowing all around her. The flowing hair can be drawn by drawing letter ‘S’ shapes – I changed each letter ‘s’ color from blue to black…etc. so you can see that the hair can be drawn that way.
– Draw a letter ‘J’ shape on the side of her head.
– Draw a letter ‘s’ like shape on the sash around her neck.
– Draw more letter ‘s’ like shapes as well as a ?-like shape and a #5-like shape for the flowing hair.
– Lightly draw a letter ‘U’ guide for where the wings will be drawn. Draw within them 2 letter ‘s’ shapes as seen above.
– Finish up the flowing hair with more letter ‘s’ shapes.
– Draw the design inside the legs….it can be drawn with a #5-lie shape…then a letter ‘s’-like shape…and then a curved line.
– Draw a sun for her cutie mark…2 circles and then rays shooting out which are drawn with letter ‘s’ shapes.
– Draw the wing feathers – each feather is a letter ‘u’ shape.
– Draw more letter ‘s’ shapes to finish up the sun’s rays.
– Draw #9-like spirals inside the sash.
– Draw an oval and lines inside the diamond on the sash.
Finished Drawing of Princess Celestia
Now erase all the guidelines (blue in this tutorial) and then thicken any lines that need to be thicker.
I hope that your Princess Celestia drawing turned out amazingly well and that you enjoyed drawing her. Come back for more My Little Pony drawing tutorials as well as other types of drawing lessons.