Valentines Day is coming in a few days and I thought I would show you how to draw an opened up rose. This would make a beautiful drawing on the front of a Valentines Day card. I will show you how to draw the rose in easy to follow steps. Have fun!
How to Draw Roses Opening in Full Bloom Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
Lightly draw a circle.
Draw petals around the circle.
Lightly draw a letter ‘D’ shape as a guide for drawing the next petal.
Draw the petal within the guide.
Lightly draw another letter ‘D’ shape ((turned about 90 degrees clock-wise from the previous D-shape) and then draw the petal within it again.
– Again, lightly draw another letter ‘D’ shape (turned about 90 degrees clock-wise from the previous D-shape) and then draw another petal in it.
Now draw a smaller letter ‘D’ shape guide….within the previous one. Draw the petal within it.
Lightly draw an oval in the center of the flower.
– Draw the petal within the oval.
– Draw an oval within the shape.
– Draw the petal within it.
– Draw an upside down letter-U shape within it.
Draw letter ‘U’ shapes within that shape. Draw a letter ‘Z’-shape as seen above.
-Lightly draw letter ‘V’ shaped leaves all around the rose.
– Draw the actual shapes of the leaves within these leaf guides – there should be relatively curvy lines on the outer edges.
Finished Drawing of an Opening Rose
Draw a few curved lines within each leaf. Erase any guidelines (blue within this rose). Darken / thicken the lines of the rose. You might wish to colorize or shade in the rose.
If You Want This Tutorial All in One Picture: