If you want to learn to draw trees, here is a drawing tutorial that you will like. Today we will show you how to draw an oak tree with easy to follow steps. Using basic shapes, we will guide you to drawing a great oak tree. Find out in the following step by step drawing lesson.
How to Draw Trees and Oak Trees with Simple Steps Tutorial
– We are going to start off by drawing guidelines. These guidelines will be used to help you draw the actual tree lines.
– Start off by drawing a letter ‘Y’ like shape – as seen above.
– Split the branch into a letter ‘V’ shape.
– Keep splitting branches into letter ‘V’ shapes – as seen above.
– and keep splitting the branches.
– Now that you have the guides done it is time to outline them with the actual lines….as seen above. You can add a few lumps…as most tree have spots that stick out a bit.
And continue outlining.
– Erase the guidelines.
Lightly draw ovals for the leaf-area guidelines.
– Draw a bunch of letter ‘M’-like shaped leaves.
– And more.
– You can add a few ‘Y’-shaped twigs.
– Draw oval-ish shapes on the tree for bark.
– Draw curvy lines within the tree for more bark.
– Add shadows … on this tree the shadows are on the far right of the tree and very slight amount on the far left.
Finished Drawing of an Oak Tree
I hope that this tutorial helped you draw trees…and more specifically oak trees. Come back for more drawing tutorials.