Wyldstyle (aka Lucy) is one of the main characters in the new movie … The Lego Movie. Wyldstyle believes that Emmet is “The Special One” and pursues this throughout the movie. She is very creative and strong-willed. Today we will show you how to draw Wyldstyle – the minifig with the following easy-to-follow step by step drawing tutorial. I hope that you find it simple enough…and that you have fun and enjoy it!
How to Draw Wyldstyle from The Lego Movie aka Lucy the Minifigure
Draw a square-like shape with rounded corners. Draw guidelines thru it.
– Use the guidelines to help you place the facial features.
– Draw 2 circles for each eye. Draw a flattened, sideways #3-like shape for the mouth.
– Draw 2 rectangle-like shapes for the side of the body.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘s’-like shape for the right eye’s lashes. Then draw a sideways ?-like shape for the brow.
– Draw the front of the body now…the top is like a triangle without a point. The bottom is another rectangle.
– Draw a half-circle on top of the head. Draw a letter ‘s’ like shape for the bangs.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘L’ shape for the neck.
– Draw an oval shape for the left arm. Draw a letter ‘U’ shape with an oval at the top of it for the right arm.
– For the hips…draw an oval with like-curved lines to the right of it.
– Draw a sideways ?-like shape for the ponytail.
– Draw letter ‘s’ shaped curves for the hairs.
– Draw a #2-shape connecting the hair on the right side of the head.
– Draw rectangles for legs.
– Draw a letter ‘Y-like shape in the center of the shirt.
– Draw a letter ‘c’ shape at the end of the ponytail.
– Draw a bubble-letter ‘U’ shape for each hand.
– Draw triangle-like shapes in the zipper.
– Draw a curved line to draw the hood going down her back.
– Draw rectangles for feet.
– Draw another letter ‘s’ shape in the hair.
– Draw a few lines here and there and add another rectangle on the right foot.
– Draw a letter ‘s’ shape on the right hand and a curved line on the left hand.
– Draw a line on the right foot.
– If you want to draw the design on the pants and shirt, then you will need 2 different colors – light blue and pink.
– In blue: Draw a few basic shapes such as a #4, a letter ‘W’, a letter ‘Z’, and a triangle (although the triangle is a #4 that is running off the shirt). There are also other shapes that you will just have to scribble on there.
– In pink…draw a letter ‘F, letter ‘H’, letter ‘T’, ‘A’ as well as other shapes. You will have to outline some of the blue shapes.
Finished Drawing of Wyldstyle or Lucy
Thicken lines that are important and erase any lines that you don’t need any more (such as guidelines).
I hope that Wyldstyle turned out really good and that you like your drawing. Come back for more Lego minifigure drawing tutorials as well as other types of drawing lessons. I hope that you had fun!