Today I will show you how to draw a cartoon baby chick in a broken egg shell. This little Easter chick is just hatching…a sign that Spring is here. This is a perfect drawing to make on an Easter Card or just for Easter Art. This drawing is simple enough for kids of all ages to make, even preschoolers and toddlers with a little bit of help. Have fun!
How to Draw a Baby Chick in an Egg Shell for Easter Drawing Tutorial
Draw a letter ‘U’ Shape.
– Draw a curved line above the letter ‘U’ shape…this will be a guidelines to draw the zig-zaggy shell.
– Draw an upside down letter ‘U’ shape for the chick.
– Lightly draw guidelines within the chick’s body.
– Draw letter ‘v’ and ‘M’ shaped zig-zaggy shapes along the shell’s guideline.
– Draw a few #3-like shapes.
– Draw a few letter ‘J’ shapes.
– Draw a diamond shaped beak.
– Draw ovals for eyes.
– Draw a letter ‘L’ shape to finish the shell on the right side.
– Draw 2 more ovals in the eyes for the highlights.
– Erase part of the oval highlights in the eyes.
– Erase guidelines.
Finished Drawing of Baby Chick in Easter Egg
– You can color in the baby chick and the egg if you want to. This picture is perfect for Easter time. I hope that you had fun!
If You Want This Tutorial in One Picture: