Today I will show you how to draw Ariel from Disney’s The Little Mermaid movie. She is a beautiful red-headed mermaid who falls in love with a prince. She then wishes for legs and lands up marrying the prince. This tutorial will guide you thru the steps with easy-to-follow instructions that I will guide you thru with basic geometric shapes, letters, and numbers.
How to Draw Ariel from The Little Mermaid Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
– Lightly draw an oval-shape and a sideways square shape.
– Lightly draw a guide thru the face.
– Draw a #5-like shape for the nose and the right side of the face.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘A’ shape for the left eye.
– Draw a letter ‘L’ shape for the right eye.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘s’ shape for the nostril of the nose.
– Draw a curved line over the top of the head.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘s’ shape on the forehead.
– Draw ovals inside eyes.
– Draw sideways #9-like shape for the top of the mouth.
– Draw a letter ‘J’ shape for the chin.
– Draw a #3-like shape on the right-side of the head.
– Draw a few letter ‘v’ shapes.
– Draw circles in the eyes.
– Draw a curved line for the bottom lip.
– Draw a letter ‘c’ shape for the ear.
– Draw curved lines for the neck.
– Draw a letter ‘j’ shaped curve for the bottom lip.
– Draw letter ‘v’ shaped lashes.
– Draw curved eye brows.
– Lightly draw a rectangle guide for the hand.
– Draw letter ‘s’ curves in a few places.
– Lightly draw rectangle and letter ‘D’ shapes for finger guides.
– Lightly draw an oval for the guide of the arm.
– Draw more letter ‘s’ curves.
– Lightly draw an upside down letter ‘u’ shape for part of the guide of the left arm.
– Lightly draw an oval and lines for the right arm’s guides.
– Outline the right hand’s guides.
– Outline the left arm’s guides.
– Draw a few letter ‘s’ curves.
– Draw ovals together like a #8 for the bra.
– Draw a letter ‘T’ shape on the right side of her belly.
– Draw a letter ‘v’ shape at the end of the hair.
– Draw a few more basic shapes within the hair.
– Draw letter ‘D’ shapes inside the bra.
– Lightly draw a letter ‘s’ shape inside the right hand.
– Draw sideways letter ‘m’ shapes inside the bra.
Finished Drawing of Ariel
– Now erase guidelines and darken / thicken any lines that need help. I hope that your Ariel turned out great! Come back for more drawing lessons!
[tags]ariel, the little mermaid, drawing ariel, ariel the mermaid, disney[/tags]