Today we will show you how to draw a more realistic cartoon owl. We have showed you how to draw more cartoon-style owls…now we will show you a more advanced style cartoon owl. We will guide you to drawing the owl with simplified steps using geometric shapes, letters, and numbers. Have fun!
How to Draw Cartoon Owl with Simple Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
Lightly draw an oval with guides around it.
– Lightly draw an oval under the head.
– Draw ovals for eyes…using the guides to place them.
– Draw letter ‘v’ shapes for ears….and for the beak.
– Draw a sideways ?-like shape for the left wing…and a triangle for the right wing.
– Lightly draw ovals for the toes.
– Draw a flattened #3-like shape for the bottom of the left wing.
– Draw a letter ‘v’ shape for the bottom beak.
– Draw filled in letter ‘c’ shapes in the eyes.
– Draw letter ‘J’ shapes for feathers.
– Draw letter ‘v’ shaped claws.
– Draw letter ‘U’ and ‘J’ shapes for feathers.
– Outline some guides…as seen by the claws.
– Thicken some lines.
Finished Drawing of Cartoon Owl
– Erase guidelines and thicken / blacken some lines.
You now have a cute cartoon owl who seems to be saying “Hey, How you doing?” Come back for more drawing tutorials!
Technorati Tags: owls, cartoon owls, drawing owls, how to draw owls