Today I will show you how to draw Cindy Lou Who from The Dr. Seuss Book / Movie … How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Cindy Lou Who is the cute little girl who was no more than two. She is getting a drink of water when she spots the Grinch trying to steal Christmas. Today I will show you how to draw her with simple to follow steps using simple geometric shapes, letters, and numbers to guide you.
How to Draw the Animated Version of Cindy Lou Who from Dr. Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
– Lightly draw 2 ovals.
– Draw guidelines thru the face.
– Outline the left side of the face, using the guides.
– Draw ovals for eyes.
– Draw the hair line.
– Draw ovals inside the eyes.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘B’ shape for the nose.
– Draw curved lines for bangs.
– Draw a letter ‘v’ shape on the left eye for lashes. On the right eye just draw 3 curved lines.
– Draw curved lines for the mouth and chin.
– Draw the neck and a line on each side of the hair.
– Draw bubble letter ‘v’ shape bows.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘s’ shaped curve at the bottom of the neck.
– Draw a letter ‘w’ shaped hair on the right side of the head as well as on the top of the head.
– Draw a capital letter ‘E’ shape on the left side of the head.
– Add some details to the hair and forehead.
– Draw a #3-like shape on the right side of the collar.
– Draw a large circle.
– Draw ovals for fingers.
– Draw a sideways capital letter ‘D’ on top of the circle.
– Draw a #9-like shape on the right side of the circle.
– Draw another #3-like shape on the collar.
– Draw an upside down ?-like shape at the top of the ornament.
– Draw a heart-like shape at the bottom of the figure.
– Draw a #3-like shape below the right hand.
– Finish the collar with a letter ‘U’ shape.
– Draw a letter ‘u’ shape to finish the sleeve on the right hand.
– Lightly draw an oval at the bottom of the girl.
– Draw #3-like hump shapes all around the oval.
– Erase the guidelines that you no longer need.
– Oops…I forgot about her antennae things at the top of the head.
– Draw lines at the top of her head (highlighted in green).
– Draw letter ‘w’ shaped humps (with one extra hump) on the left antennae (I highlighted this part in red).
– Draw a letter ‘J’-like shape on the right antennae (highlighted in red).
– Draw letter ‘w’ shaped humps (with an extra hump) on the right antennae.
Finished Drawing of Cindy Lou Who