Today I will show you how to draw Thing One and Thing Two from Dr. Seuss’s popular book, The Cat in the Hat. Thing 1 and Thing 2 cause mischief and bump and break things without care which. This is why Conrad, Sally, and the Fish were so distressed about them being loose in their house when their mother was gone. Today I will show you how to draw Thing One and Thing Two with an easy, step by step drawing tutorial that kids of all ages will be able to follow.
How to Draw Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss The Cat in the Hat in Simple Steps
Lightly draw 3 circles as seen above.
– Then lightly draw another circle around all the circles…as seen above. This is the guideline that will guide you to drawing the hair.
– Now do it all over again for the 2nd “Thing” creature.
– Now use the guidelines to help you draw the outline of the face.
– Start drawing the letter ‘U’ shape humps around the hair guidelines. This will be the actual shape of the hair.
– Continue to draw the letter ‘U’ shaped humps all around the hair lines. There are a few letter ‘V’ shaped zig-zags as well.
– For the creature on the left: Draw letter ‘U’ and #2 shaped eyes. Draw a letter ‘M’ and ‘V’ shaped hair at the bottom of the head.
– For the creature on the right: Draw a ? and #3 and ‘w’ shaped hairs. Then draw an upside down letter ‘J’ and letter ‘U’ shaped eyes. Draw an oval nose.
– For the creature on the left: Draw curved lines in the hair. Draw a letter ‘y’ shape for the hair at the top right side of its head. Draw an oval nose.
– For the creature on the right: Draw curved lines in the hair.
– Draw letter ‘U’ shapes in all of the eyes.
– Draw comma shaped eye brows.
– Draw a curved line for the mouth and collar.
– Add a few more details to the hair.
– Draw letter ‘S’- shaped curves on either side of the mouths.
– Draw a letter ‘U’ shape at the bottom of the mouth for the creature on the right.
– Draw a curved line for both chins.
– Draw ovals for the body guidelines.
– Lightly draw ovals for guides for the limbs.
– Draw the remaining guidelines.
– Now just outline the guidelines as seen above.
– Now erase the guidelines.
Finish Drawing of Thing One and Thing Two
– Finish drawing the circle-ish shapes that ‘Thing 1’ and ‘Thing 2’ are written in. Then write those words inside the ‘circles. You now have finished drawing Thing One and Thing Two. I hope your silly creatures have turned out wonderfully! Come back for more drawing lessons soon!