Today I will show you how to draw Maximus from Disney’s Tangled. Maximus is the horse in the movie who is chasing Flynn Rider. He is adorable and today I will guide you thru the process of drawing him with simple-to-follow, step by step instructions.
How to Draw Maximus the Horse From Disneys Tangled in Easy Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
Draw the basic shapes that make up the horse’s head. Draw 2 capital letter ‘D’ shapes as seen above.
Now draw the basic shapes that make up the body. By doing this you can make sure that you have the right proportions before you actually draw the horse. Alsod raw guidelines thru Maximus’ face.
Now draw the basic shapes that make up the horse’s legs using lines, ovals, and capital letter ‘D’ shapes (for the hooves).
– Draw a #2-like shape in the center of the face.
– Draw lowercase letter ‘e’ shapes for the nostrils.
– Draw curved lines over the nostrils.
– Draw a letter ‘C’ shape for the left eye and a circle for the right eye.
– Draw curved upside down letter ‘v’ shapes for ears.
– Draw a backwards letter ‘s’ shape on the left side of the nostrils.
– Draw a curved line above and below each eye. Draw circles inside the eyes.
– Draw a curved line in each ear.
– Outline the neck line.
– Draw some letter ‘s’ shaped curves for the strands of hair.
– Draw ovals.
– Draw more letter ‘s’-like curves for the strands of hair.
– Draw the reins.
– Outline the guides of the legs.
– Finish up the mane.
– Draw #7-like shapes for the front of the saddle.
– Draw a letter ‘s’ shape along the middle of his body.
– Draw a few ovals.
– Draw parts of the reins…draw ovals inside them.
– Draw a letter ‘L’ shape on the saddle.
– Draw a letter ‘U’ and sideways #3-like shape within the horse’s body.
– Draw a letter ‘S’ shaped tail.
– Add other details.
– Draw a bubble-letter ‘A’ shape for the part that the foot goes in (stirrup).
– Draw another letter ‘S’ shape for the tail.
– Add more details to the saddle and pouches.
– Make the oval into a sun-like / star-like shape – on the front of the horse.
– Add lines to the hooves.
– Draw letter ‘s’ shaped curves around the oval in the pouch.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘s’ shaped curve in the pouch.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘Y’ – shape on the back pouch.
– Draw reins.
– Finish up the reins.
– Finish up the details.
Finished Drawing of Maximus “The Horse” from Tangled
– Darken remaining lines and erase any of the guidelines that are no longer needed.
I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial!