Today I will show you how to draw a baby Gronckle … the bulldog-like dragon from How to Train Your Dragon 1 and 2. He is adorable and not too hard to draw. I will guide you thru the steps of drawing a baby Gronckle with easy to follow steps. Find them below.
How to Draw Baby Gronckle from How to Train Your Dragon 2 Step by Step Drawing Lesson
– Lightly draw an egg shape.
– Draw sideways, capital letter ‘D’ shapes at the top of the egg shape for eyes.
– Draw curved lines over the eyes for lids.
– Draw the lower jaw line.
– Draw capital letter ‘D’-like shapes all over the bottom of the shape.
– Draw an upside down letter ‘U’-like shape for the nose.
– Draw a curved line inside each eye.
– Draw a sideways #3-like curved line over the eyes.
– Draw circles in the eyes and on the bottom of the figure.
– Draw seed-like shapes for nostrils.
– Draw a bubble-letter ‘U’-like shape at the top of the head.
– Outline the nostrils.
-Draw 2 upside down bubble-letter ‘V’-like shapes on top of the head.
– Draw 2 inward curved lines for each leg at the bottom of the figure.
– Draw upside down letter ‘U’-like shapes on top of the mouth.
– Draw 3 outward lines on both sides of the letter ‘U’ shape on top of the head.
– Draw the tops of the wings.
– Draw a sideways #6 on each foot…and finish the bottom of the foot with a curved line.
– Draw some curved lines at the top of the dragon.
– Draw the nails….which are letter ‘D’-like shapes and circles.
– Draw curved lines over the nails.
– Draw curved #3 shaped humps to finish the wings.
Finished Drawing of Baby Gronkle the Dragon
– Erase guidelines and darken any remaining lines.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial…come back for more How to Train Your Dragon drawing tutorials as well as other genre drawing lessons.