Today I will show you how to draw Sam-I-Am from Dr. Seuss’ Green Eggs and Ham. Sam-I-Am is very pushy about trying to get the other character to sample some Green Eggs and Ham. He won’t take ‘no’ for an answer. Today I will show you how to draw this endearing character with easy to follow, step by step instructions.
How to Draw Sam I Am from Green Eggs and Ham in Easy Steps
– Lightly draw a letter ‘B’-like shape.
– Lightly draw guidelines within the shape.
– Draw a #98-like shape for eyes.
– Draw letter ‘U’-like shapes inside the eyes.
– Draw an oval nose.
– Draw a sideways #3-like shape for the mouth.
– Draw a letter ‘M’-like shape at the bottom right side of the face.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘s’-like shape at the top of the head.
– Draw curved lines for the eye brows.
– Draw letter ‘W’-like shapes.
– Draw a ?-like shape at the side of the mouth.
– Draw a large letter ‘S’-like shape at the top of the head.
– Draw another letter ‘M’-like shape at the side of the head.
– Outline the face guides.
– Draw the neck.
– Draw a curved line on the hat.
– Add some details to the face.
– Draw basic shapes that make up Sam-I-Am … these are the guidelines for drawing the body.
– Outline the guides of the body…as seen above.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘J’-like curve on the hat.
– Draw letter ‘W’-like shapes at the ends of the hands.
– Draw zig-zaggy shapes at the bottom of the figure.
– Thicken the lines of the feet.
– Add shadows and lines to the figure.
– Draw a letter ‘v’-like shape and a line to the right hand.
– Draw a #3-like shape on the left hand.
– Draw an oval on the top of the hand.
– Draw a curved line on the bottom of the oval.
– Draw ovals above it.
– Draw #3-like shapes to the 2 small ovals…this will form eggs.
– Draw a sideways curved line on the big oval – this will form a ham.
– Draw a few letter ‘E’-like shapes.
– Finish things up.
Finished Drawing of Sam I Am
– Erase remaining guidelines and darken or thicken any remaining lines that need help. Add remaining shadows and stripes. You now have a finished picture of Sam-I-am serving Green Eggs and Ham. Come back soon for more drawing lessons.