Today I will show you how to draw Hookfang from How to Train Your Dragon 1 and 2. Hookfang is a Monstrous Nightmare and is huge with a 68 foot wingspan in the movie. I will guide you to drawing him with simple to follow, step by step instructions.
How to Draw Hookfang from How to Train Your Dragon 2 Step by Step Drawing Lesson
Lightly draw 2 ovals as seen above.
– Draw 2 ovals for eyes and draw a curved line in the bottom oval.
– Draw letter ‘V’ and ‘C’ shapes inside the eyes.
– Draw oval and a #6-like shape for nostrils.
– Draw circles in the eyes.
– Outline the mouth and nostrils.
– Draw an upside down letter ‘V’ shape for the face’s horn.
– Draw a #5-like shapes and a letter ‘s’ like shape at the top of the head.
– Draw letter ‘v’ shaped teeth.
– Draw some details on the face.
– Draw a letter ‘s’-shaped curve on the left side of the face.
– Finish the outside shape of the horns with letter ‘s’-like curves.
– Draw ovals in the horns.
– Draw letter ‘w’ shape inside the mouth.
– Add some other details to the face.
– Draw a capital letter ‘D’ shaped body with stick legs and neck.
– Draw a letter ‘F’-like shape inside the mouth…also draw 2 circle-like shapes and a curved line.
– Draw a letter ‘V’-shaped wing.
– Draw a bubble-letter capital letter ‘A”-like shape for the upper wing.
– Outline the neck and leg. The upper part of the neck is made up of letter ‘L’-like shapes.
– Outline the tail with a letter ‘V’-like shape.
– Make wiggly-letter ‘M’-like shapes on top of the left wing and on the left side of the right wing. Also draw a backwards letter ‘s’ like curve for that wing.
– Draw more wiggly letter ‘m’-like shapes on the right wing.
– Draw lines within the left wing.
– Draw ovals that look like #8-like shapes at the bottom of the left wing.
– Add other details to the dragon.
– Draw letter ‘s’-like curves on the tail and body.
– Draw letter ‘v’-lie shapes for nails and 2 letter ‘s’-like shapes on the the wing foot.
– Draw letter ‘v’ shapes on the front leg.
– Add finishing details to Hookfang.
Finished Drawing of Hookfang the Dragon
– Erase the guidelines and darken any remaining lines that need it.
– Add spots and design-ish shapes to wings and legs.
I hope that you enjoyed learning how to draw Hookfang. Come back for more How to Train Your Dragon drawing tutorials soon. I hope that you had fun!