Today you can learn how to draw Ruffnut Thorston from How to Train Your Dragon 2. She is is a teenage inhabitant of Berk. She is the flirtatious young woman who is always batting her eyes as the good looking men in the movie. I will guide you to drawing Ruffnut with simple to follow steps. I will show you how to draw her with simple geometric shapes, letters, and numbers. Even people who can’t draw well will be able to follow this tutorial. I hope you have fun!
How to Draw Ruffnut Thorston from How to Train Your Dragon in Simple Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
– Draw a sideways, capital letter ‘D’ shape. Draw 2 lines coming out the bottom.
– Draw a letter ‘U’ shape coming out the bottom of the shape…for the face.
– Draw guidelines thru the center of the face.
– Draw some curved lines in the sideways, capital letter ‘D’ shape.
– Draw a letter ‘V’ shape coming out from both sides of the hat…for the horns.
– Draw the bottom-sides of the rim of the hat. Also draw 2 curved lines in the center of the hat.
– Use the guidelines to help you place the facial features. Lightly draw an oval for the nose. Then lightly draw a letter ‘V’ thru it…this will help you place the eyes in the correct spot.
– Draw ovals on the rim of the hat. Draw a capital letter ‘E’ shape on the right side of the hat.
– Draw letter ‘C’ shaped curves at the bottom of the horns and on the left rim of the hat. Also draw a letter ‘U’ shape below the right horn.
– Draw leaf shaped eyes…using the guidelines to help you figure out where to draw them.
– Draw a letter ‘S’ shape on the nose.
– Lightly draw a letter ‘S’ shape on either side of the hat.
– Draw circles in each eye.
– Draw another letter ‘s’ shape on the other side of the nose.
– Draw an upside down bubble-letter ‘A’ shape.
– Outline the ‘S’ guides.
– Draw a curved line for the bangs.
– Draw lines around the eyes for lashes.
– Draw the sides of the nose.
– Draw sideways, capital letter ‘E’ shapes for teeth.
– Draw the sides of the hair.
– Draw the braids by drawing ovals that look like #8-like shapes.
– Draw sideways letter ‘L’ shapes for the brows.
– Draw the rest of the teeth.
– Draw some more hair and the shoulder (a backwards #7-like shape). The hair is made up of 2 curved lines and a letter ‘V’ shape (on the left side) and a #3-like shape and 2 curved lines (on the right side).
– Draw little lines for the eye brows.
– Draw an oval and 2 lines on the end of each braid.
– Draw a letter ‘Y’-like shape on the left side…and some hair which is made up of 2 bubble-letter ‘c’ shapes and 2 letter ‘s’ o ?-like curves.
– Draw a #8-like shape and a ?-like shape on the right side (hair) and some curved lines that look like a #8-like shape (highlighted in green).
– Add some details such as a bubble letter, upside down letter ‘A’ shape around the chest.
– Draw some letter ‘s’ shapes at the bottom of the braids.
– Draw arm lines.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘L’ shape on the left side of her body.
– Draw an oval and a letter ‘v’ shape to form the shape of the dragon tooth around her neck.
– Draw a #7-like shape at the bottom of the right arm.
– Draw a sideways #8-like shape at the bottom of the right braid.
– Add finishing details on the braids.
– Draw a curved line around the waist for the top of the belt. Draw ovals around the belt.
– Draw a backwards letter ‘S’ shape on her left side.
– Draw some letter ‘s’ shaped curves and curved lines around her arm for the leather jewelry around her arm.
– Draw the left wrist band.
Finished Drawing of Ruffnut
– Erase guidelines and darken and remaining lines that need it. You can also add some details to the belt if you want to. They are just swirly #6-like curves.
I hope that this tutorial helped you draw Ruffnut from How to Train Your Dragon 1 and 2