Today I will show you how to draw Horton, the elephant from Dr. Seuss’s book “Horton Hears a Who!”. This is the book version, not the movie version. The simple step by step guide will show you easily how to draw Horton the elephant.
How to Draw Horton Hears a Who from Dr. Seuss’s Book in Easy Steps
– Draw an oval. Then draw guidelines thru it.
– Draw letter ‘s’ shaped ears.
– Draw #9-shaped eyes.
– Draw #3-like shapes on the ears and on the top of the head.
– Draw an arrow-like shape for the mouth.
– Draw a curved line for eye brows.
– Draw an oval inside the eye and a sideways letter ‘v’ shape for each eye lid.
– Draw hairs on top of the head.
– Draw a #3-like shape on the forehead.
– Draw curved lines on top of the mouth.
– Draw oval-highlights in the eyes.
– Draw lines on the brows.
– Add details to the ears.
– Draw an oval shape for the body’s guideline.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘B’ shape to the right of the body.
– Draw details in the ears.
– Draw curved lines for the trunk.
– Thicken the bottom of the trunk. Add curved lines to the top of it.
– At the end of the trunk, draw a letter ‘z’ shape.
– Draw lines below the trunk for the legs. Also draw a letter ‘s’-like curve.
– Draw #3 or letter ‘m’ shapes for grass.
– Draw another letter ‘s’ curve for one of the blades of grass.
– Draw letter ‘L’ shapes for feet. Draw spiral curved lines for the knees.
– Draw a zig-zaggy circle for the flower.
– Finish up some details around the neck area.
– Erase guidelines.
– Draw dashed lines at the top of the flower.
Finished Drawing of Horton from Horton Hears a Who
– Darken any remaining lines that you feel need work. And there you have it…a finished picture of Horton from Dr. Seuss’ book Horton Hears a Who!