Learn how to draw Astrid Hofferson from the popular movies How to Train Your Dragon and How to Train Your Dragon 2. She is a beautiful viking girl who is brave, daring, friendly, and loving on top of that. I will guide you thru the steps of composing a black and white drawing of her. She is a complicated 3D creation that was created on a computer, so making a line drawing out of her is a bit complicated. But I will try to make it as easy as possible for you by breaking down her complicated shapes into simpler geometric shapes, letters, and numbers. Have Fun!
How to Draw Astrid Hofferson from How to Train Your Dragon 2 in Easy Steps Lesson
– Draw a circle-ish shape. Then draw guidelines within it.
– Draw slight letter ‘S’ curve for the left eye. Draw a curved line for the right eye.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘D’ shape for the nose.
– Draw a letter ‘C’ ear.
– Draw letter ‘C’ on top of eyes.
– Draw ‘U’ shaped nostrils.
– Draw circles in the eyes.
– Draw another letter ‘C’ shaped ear.
– Draw a leaf shaped mouth (lightly).
– Outline the guides you drew for the nose.
– Draw curved lines for the lashes.
– Draw #3 shapes in the eyes
– Draw a line thru the mouth.
– Draw the hair lines.
– Draw some letter ‘M’ and ‘W’ shapes in the hair.
– Draw a curved line in the left ear.
– Fill in more of the hair and the head band.
– Fill in the eyes.
– Start drawing the braid with #3-like shapes.
Draw the neck with 2 inward curved lines.
– Draw more of the braid with curved lines, #3-like shapes, and letter ‘s’ shaped curves. I drew them in different colors so you could see that a complicated shape is made up of simpler shapes. You can draw it.
– Draw a letter ‘s’ curve (lightly) for the eye brow.
– Draw some curved lines on the collar and hair.
– Draw hairs along the eye brow guidelines.
– Start drawing more of the clothing. – Draw guidelines with a bubble letter ‘J’ and ‘U’ shape.
– Draw oval pendants.
– Use the shoulder guidelines and draw zig-zaggy lines all around it to make the fur.
– Draw Triangles inside the pendants.
– Draw #3 shapes in the larger oval pendant.
– Draw a letter ‘v’ shape for the end of the braid.
– Draw some zig-zaggy lines around the pendants for fur
– Draw 2 lines for each arm.
– Draw letter ‘J’ shapes over each arm.
– Draw zig-zaggy lines around the bottom of the pony tail.
– Draw straps around her arms with curved lines.
– Draw curved lines on her shoulders’ clothing.
– Add a few more details.
Finished Black and White Drawing of Astrid Hofferson from How to Train Your Dragon 2
– Erase any remaining guidelines and darken existing lines that need some work. You know how a black and white drawing of Astrid.
Here is the reference photo of Astrid
Come back soon for more tutorials.