Today I will show you how to draw Sam Sparks, the perky & intelligent girlfriend of Flint Lockwood from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 1 and 2. We will build her basic structure using geometric shapes, letters, and numbers to guide you. Nothing is too difficult to draw if you break the shape up into basic shapes. Find the simple lesson below.
How to Draw Sam Sparks from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
Draw an oval-ish shape and then draw guidelines thru it.
– Draw capital letter ‘D’ shaped eyes.
– Lightly draw hair guidelines.
– Draw ovals inside the eyes.
– Draw square-like shapes with rounded corners over the eyes (for the glasses).
– Draw a letter ‘U’ shape on top of the head.
– Draw letter ‘v’-like shapes for the hairs.
– Draw 2 letter ‘s’-like shaped curves for the mouth.
– Draw comma-shaped eye brows.
– Draw an oval highlight in each eye.
– Draw a few lines on the glasses.
– Draw a letter ‘J’ shaped nose.
– Draw letter ‘v’ shaped hairs.
– Draw letter ‘W’ shaped hair on the left side of the face.
– Lightly draw a flattened oval on top of the mouth.
– Draw a curved line for the top of the bottom lip.
– Draw some more hairs
– Add shadow to the nose and right eye.
– Draw a curved line for the teeth …. draw 2 upwards lines as well.
– Draw 2 lines for the neck.
– Draw lines in the teeth.
– Outline hair and face.
– Draw hair lines.
– Draw a #5-like shape for the left collar.
– Draw a curved line at the bottom of the neck.
– Draw a ?-like shape for the right collar.
– Draw some basic shapes to make up the shirt and arms.
– Draw curved lines at the the bottom of the teeth (using the curved line guideline from the previous step)
– Draw drawing the arm lines and draw the outlines of the shirt and pocket.
– Draw a letter ‘s’ shape on the right side of the shirt.
– Draw a line to finish the right-side collar.
– Draw a letter ‘L’ shape for the bottom of the pocket.
– Darken a few lines and shadow a few things.
Finished Drawing of Sam Sparks from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
– Erase any remaining guidelines and color her in if you choose to. Right now you have a nice black and white drawing of Sam, I hope that she turned out great. Come back soon for more drawing lessons!