If you ever wanted to know how to draw that beautiful snowflake from Disney’s Frozen movie, then you are going to enjoy this drawing tutorial. Today I will show you how to draw that beautiful snowflake that is plastered on movie posters and other items. It is very geometric, so get out your rulers. Have Fun!
How to Draw Snowflakes from Disney Frozen Movie with Easy to Follow Steps
– Draw a dot in the center of the page. Since this snowflake is so ‘geometrically’ perfect, you are going to want to have a center point.
– You might want to get out your ruler to make the lines straighter.
– Draw 2 lines thru the center dot, forming a letter ‘X’ shape. You should draw lines lightly because we are going to erase some portions of them.
– Draw a line vertically (up and down way) thru the center.
– Also draw dots in an oval formation, one on each line, as seen above.
– Use those dots from the last step to draw a gem-like shape in the center.
– Also lightly draw another letter ‘x’ thru the center of the shape.
– Now we are going to draw dots again to form 2 circles (a smaller circle and a larger circle). We won’t actually be drawing the circles, I am just showing you that since the dots are equally far from the center, the dots would form a circle if you tried to. You can use a ruler (if you want to) to make sure each dot is equally far from the center.
– Now we are going to use those dots that we drew in the last step and form this flower like shape. This shape looks insanely difficult to draw….but it isn’t. Take a look at it, there are 2 different colors. I did this to show you that the flower-shape is made up of letter ‘v’ shapes. (See how there are green letter ‘v’ shapes and black letter ‘v’ shapes, all interconnected). Breaking shapes down into smaller parts is a technique that makes drawing much simpler to do.
– Now draw some simple letter ‘v’ shapes. It seems to form a lot of arrows in our snowflake.
– Now draw some more letter ‘v’ shapes.
– Draw some tiny circles.
– Draw a few straight lines as well. They are slightly slanted inwards, but just very slightly.
– What?! Even more letter ‘v’ shapes, this is starting to feel like school!!!!!
– Also outline some of the shapes and erase the centers (see the picture to notice what I’m talking about).
– Also draw some straight lines within the shape as well.
– More letter ‘v’ shapes…maybe one day we will teach you how to draw another letter, but today seems to be all about the letter ‘v’. 🙂
– Draw slanted inwards lines to connect the really large ‘v’ shapes to the flower shape (see above picture).
– This step you are going to outline the arr0w-like lines (the center lines on each arrow).
– Now outline the arrow-like shapes.
– Draw diamond-like shapes in each arrow tip.
Finished Black and White Line Drawing of the Famous Snowflake from Disney’s Frozen Movie
– I hope that your Frozen snowflake turned out good…I know that this was a tough one and really detailed but I hope that I made it a bit easier for you.