Learn how to draw a Chibi-style Santa Claus that you can draw on your Christmas cards. Chibi Santa basically means a baby-ish style Santa…he looks cuter and more baby-like and he just looks so cuddle-able. Chibi is a Japanese, Manga/Anime style of drawing. This drawing lesson will guide you thru each step of drawing Chibi Santa Claus. I hope that you have a lot of fun!
How to Draw Chibi Santa Claus Easy Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
Draw an oval / circle-like shape and then draw guidelines thru it…as you seen in the pic above.
– Draw some sideways, capital letter ‘D’ shapes, for the eyes and mouth.
– Lightly draw two curved lines on the top of the head.
– Lightly draw 2 jellybean shapes in the eyes.
– Draw 2 ovals for the nose.
– Draw a sideways #3-like shape for the tongue in the mouth.
– Draw an oval for the body that is much smaller than the head.
– Draw a letter ‘J’-shaped curve on both sides of the face. Draw this lightly because we will be just using these 2 lines as a guide.
– Draw 2 ovals in each eye.
– Use the curved guidelines of the hat to help you draw curvy lines for the fuzzy, white part of Santa’s hat. Draw the sides wiggly and curvy as well.
– Draw a letter ‘Y’ shape at the top of the hat.
– Draw a rectangle, for the belt buckle. The sides of the rectangle are curved.
– Draw 2 curved lines and 1 straight line for the legs.
– Draw letter ‘U’ shapes in the eyes.
– Draw the sides of the beard by drawing two letter ‘S’ shapes.
– Draw a curved line to finish the top of Santa’s cap.
Check Out Our New Chibi Drawing Book on Amazon
– Draw sideways, capital letter ‘H’ shapes for the arms.
– Draw curved lines for the belt.
– Draw another rounded rectangle inside the belt buckle.
– Draw 2 sideways, capital letter ‘D’ shapes (or one capital letter ‘B’ shape).
– Lightly draw a letter ‘V’ shape for the bottom of the beard.
– Finish the eye with a curved line.
– Lightly draw a circle for the ball at the end of Santa’s hat.
– Draw a #3-like shape for each of Santa’s mittens.
– Draw a curved line at the end of the sleeve.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘U’ shape for the belt buckle.
– Draw 2 upside down letter ‘v’ shapes for the bottom of Santa’s boots.
– Color chibi Santa Claus in.
Finished Drawing of Chibi Santa Claus
– Give Chibi Santa Clause a darker outline to make him really stand out. Draw this one some of your Christmas cards and you will shock your friends with your chibi drawing skills. Have a Merry Christmas!
If You Want All The Steps in One Picture, Find it Below