Today we will show you how to draw a realistic-style tree. All trees form in similar ways, with larger branches stemming into smaller branches until only tiny little twigs remain at the ends. As long as you follow this rule, it isn’t hard to draw trees, just follow this tutorial and you will see what I mean. Have fun!
How to Draw Trees – Drawing Realistic Trees in Simple Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
Start off by drawing 2 lines.
- Not all trees are the same, however, all trees branch out.
- We are going to start the branches by drawing #2-like shapes for branches.
- On the top of the tree we will draw a letter ‘v’-like shape.
- Keep branching out.
- Notice that the branches that we draw in this step all look like letter ‘Y’-like shapes.
- Continue with the branching out.
- As we draw further out on the branches, the letter ‘Y’ and ‘V’ shapes get smaller and smaller.
- You don’t need to follow exactly what I am doing, trees are random, but as long as you follow simple rules (like branching out with ‘Y’ shapes, and making them smaller as they are further out), the tree will look good.
- Draw randomized marks all over the tree for the bark patterns.
- Draw cloud like shapes for the leaves.
Finished Drawing of Realistic Tree
- And there you have it….the finished tree. I hope that you had fun and that you learned how to draw trees!