Disney’s Frozen is an amazing movie, it might even be the best animated movie that I’ve ever seen. If you haven’t seen the movie yet, go out and see it or try to see it when it comes out on DVD or on TV. Today I will show you how to draw Princess Anna (as a teenager). She is more complex than a lot of the cartoon tutorials that we publish on this site, so don’t feel bad if it is too hard for you. Have fun and let me know what you think.
How to Draw Princess Anna from Frozen Step by Step Tutorial
– Lightly draw 2 ovals.
– Lightly draw guidelines within the face to help you place facial features later.
– Lightly draw a circle below the horizontal guideline.
– Draw 2letter ‘D’ shaped eyes.
– Draw a circle in the right eye and an oval in the left eye.
– draw a shape that is similar to a #3 on the bottom of the circle nose guideline.
– Draw an oval in the center of each eye.
– Draw a letter ‘J’ shape on the left of the nose and a backwards letter ‘c’ shape on the right-side of the nose.
– Draw a flattened letter ‘M’ shape below the nose.
– Draw each eye lid by outline the top of each eye.
– Lightly draw a line down from the right side of each iris (as seen in light blue above). This will be where the outer corners of the mouth will be located.
– Draw a curved line for the center of the mouth. Draw inward curved lines for the outer corners of the m outh.
– Draw upwards curved lines for lashes…pay close attention to the length of the lashes. Also draw a few lashes at the bottom of each eye.
– Lightly draw a guideline from the bottom of the eye to the top of the right side of the mouth (as seen above). This should be where the top and bottom of the ears are. Each ear is like a letter ‘C’ shape.
– Draw the bottom curve of the mouth.
– We drew an oval for the face and an oval for the chin in the very first step. These were guidelines for drawing the actual shape of the face. Take a look at the shape of the face above…it is very close to the shape that we actually drew in step 1.
– Draw the hair line which is just a bit outside of the face line….as seen above.
– Draw inward curved lines for the neck.
– Draw check mark shaped eyebrows (lightly as these lines will be erase soon).
– Draw an upside down letter ‘V’ shape for the right-side of the bangs. Then draw zig-zaggedy shapes for the left side of the bangs….angled leftwards.
– Braids are a bit complicated to draw. Draw bubble-letter ‘S’ shapes as seen above (draw them lightly).
– Draw more bubble letter ‘S’ shapes…as seen above. Also draw them lightly.
– Lightly draw an oval shape…notice is is located at about the same position as the left ear.
– Draw a letter ‘V’-like shape for the collar. Add a few stripes.
– Now use the guidelines that you drew for the braids (the S shapes that you drew) to draw the real-lines for the braids…as seen above.
– At the ends of each braid draw an oval.
– Draw a curved line on the right-side of the sleeve oval … then draw a line at the top of the oval…it now looks like a capital letter ‘J’ shape.
– Start drawing the designs on the shirt…such as two letter ‘V’ shapes at the bottom of the stripes. Draw two letter ‘W’ shapes.
– Draw two letter ‘S’ shapes (at the bottom of each braid).
– Draw a letter ‘U’ shape at the bottom of each ‘W’ shape to make a tulip shape.
– Draw another 2 letter ‘V’ shapes. Also draw 2 bubble number #6-like shapes at either side of the letter ‘V’ shapes.
– Draw a few ovals.
– Draw a few more basic shapes in the design.
– Erase guide lines and any lines you don’t need any more.
Finished Drawing of Princess Anna
Now just clean up your drawing and possibly color Anna in. I hope that your Princess Anna came out well and that you enjoyed learning how to draw her.