We already have a tutorial for drawing a cartoon baby new year. But the feedback on that tutorial is that the baby is too hard. So, this year, I decided to make a new lesson for drawing a cartoon Baby New Year. This one is much more simplified and it has way less steps. All the steps include simple shapes that I know you can draw, such as ovals, a rectangle, and letters & numbers. Find out how easy this baby is to draw…complete the following tutorial.
How to Draw Baby New Year with Easy Steps
Start off the baby by lightly drawing 2 ovals in the shape of a #8.
Lightly draw ovals as shown above.
– Draw 2 letter ‘C’ shapes for ears.
– Draw 4 ovals on each foot (for toes). The thumb toe is the biggest. Cartoon people don’t have to have the right number of toes and fingers.
– Draw a #3-like shape on the inside of each foot.
– Draw a #9-like spiral shape on the top of the head for the one hair the baby has.
– Draw letter ‘U’ shaped fingers.
– Draw letter ‘U’ shaped nose…mouth…and lower lip.
– Draw a slightly rounded rectangle across the baby’s body. This is the sash.
– Draw a sideways #7-like shape for the left side of the diaper.
– Write either ‘New Year’ or the current year, such as ‘2014’ on the sash.
– Darken the lines that I show above.
Finished Cartoon Baby New Year
Erase guide lines, as I have. Now the baby is finished. All that is left is coloring in the baby. Have a very happy New Year!