Today we are going to show you how to draw a cartoon boy holding a rose behind his back. He wants to surprise someone that he loves with a special gift…a beautiful rose. A red rose is a symbol of love which makes it a perfect item to draw on Valentines Day. This drawing would be perfect to make for Mom, Grandma, a girl friend, or just for someone you love. You can even add a pony tail to make the boy a girl…if you would like to. Have fun!
How to Draw a Cartoon Boy Holding a Rose Behind His Back for Valentines Day
Lightly draw 2 circles for the face. Also draw a sideways capital letter ‘D’ shape for the body.
– Draw an oval for the top of the cartoon rose.
– Draw a capital letter ‘E’ for the ear.
– Draw a sideways #3-like shape and a sideways letter ‘S’ shape around the ear.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘U’ for the bottom of the rose.
– Draw curved lines for the sides of the pants. Draw a capital letter ‘T’ for the center of the legs.
– Draw an arrow shape and a #3-like shape inside the hair.
– Draw a curved line for the chin.
– Draw a #6-like spiral inside the rose.
– Draw curved lines for hairs.
– Draw a #2-like shape for the front of the neck.
– Draw a #7-like shape for the left shoulder.
– Draw a letter ‘U’ shape under the rose.
– Draw ovals for fingers.
– Draw curved lines for the cuffs of the pants.
– Draw a curved line for the collar.
– Draw a letter ‘S’ shape near the rose.
– Draw some more ovals.
– Draw a #3 and a #2-like shape for the shoes.
– Draw an upside down ?-like shape in the collar area.
– Outline the ovals of the hands.
– Draw a letter ‘C’ shape to finish the leaf.
– Draw curved lines to finish the cuffs of the pants.
– Draw a #3-like shape on the back of the right shoe.
– Draw some more basic shapes.
Erase guidelines which are blue in our tutorial.
Finished Cartoon Boy with Rose Behind His Back
Your cartoon boy is done and you can add any further details that you would like. You can color him in and draw him on the front of a Valentine’s Day card to your Mom, Grandma, or special friend.