Mario is a probably the most popular video game character ever created. He is loved by the young and he is loved by the old. I grew up playing Super Mario Bros. and now my kids play it as well. So, if you are looking to draw Mario, look no further than this tutorial. I will guide you thru the process of drawing Mario with easy to follow steps.
How to Draw Mario from Nintendo Super Mario Bros Drawing Tutorial
Lightly draw 2 ovals as seen above.
– Draw a curved shape above the head.
– Draw 2 letter ‘c’ shapes for the ear.
– Draw an oval for the nose.
– Draw a letter ‘J’ like shape for the right side of the face.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘s’ shape for the brim of the hat.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘P’-like shape for the left shoulder.
– Draw a sideways capital letter ‘D’ for the mouth.
– Draw 2 upside down letter ‘U’ shapes for the eyes.
– Draw letter ‘w’ shaped humps for the mustache. Draw a letter ‘w’ shaped sideburn.
– Draw ovals inside the eyes.
– Draw ovals.
– Draw a curved line for teeth.
– One the left hand: Draw a #2-like shape.
– One the right hand: Draw letter ‘c’ shaped fingers and an oval thumb.
– Draw an upside down ?-like shape for the left side of the body.
– Draw moon shaped eye brows.
– Draw the top of the mustache and a#3 shaped tongue.
– Draw 2 letter ‘D’ shapes.
– Draw a sideways capital letter ‘P’ on the right hand.
– Draw letter ‘L’ shapes on the left hand.
– Draw a capital letter ‘D’ shape for the leg that is going to stick out.
– Draw a few more basic shapes as highlighted above.
– Draw 2 letter ‘M’ shapes in the hat.
– Draw a few curved lines in the hat.
– Draw curved lines for the cuffs.
– Draw letter ‘B’ shaped shoes.
– Draw more basic shapes as highlighted above.
– Draw some lines for the pattern in the jeans.
– Draw a rectangle and curved line at the bottoms of the shoes.
– Thicken the lines.
Finished Drawing of Mario
Erase the guidelines. You now have a great picture of Mario that you can color in with markers, watercolors, crayons, or pastels.