Emmet is the main character in The Lego Movie that is coming out soon. He is a minifigure that is a construction worker…he is basically uncreative and boring. However, one day Wyldstyle mistakes him as ‘The Special One’ and that is where things start to get really interesting. Find out how to draw Emmet with easy to follow, step by step drawing instructions.
How to Draw Emmet from The Lego Movie and Lego Minifigures Drawing Tutorial
– Draw a square-like shape with rounded corners. Draw guidelines within it to help place the facial features.
– Draw a half circle above the square for hair.
– Draw 2 circles for eyes.
– Draw 2 curved lines like a banana shape.
– Draw curved lines at the corners of the mouth to complete the banana shaped mouth. Draw 2 lines in the center.
– Draw a #3-like shape on the right side of the hair.
– Draw the basic shape of the body – 2 rectangles and a triangle-like form in the center (no point at the top of it though).
– Draw the side of the body.
– Draw #6-shaped hands.
– Draw curved line for the bangs and a letter ‘s’ shapes in the hair.
– Draw a sideways letter ‘J’ shape in the hair.
– Draw a letter ‘c’ shape in each arm area…as well as a letter ‘L’ shape on the left arm and a ?-like shape on the right arm.
– Draw a letter ‘Y’ shape in the center of the chest.
– Draw an oval and curves that mimic the shape of the oval – for the top of the pants.
– Draw an oval and a curved line behind his back.
– Draw a letter ‘S’-like shape for the left hand and a bubble-letter ‘U’ shape on the right hand.
– Draw another letter ‘Y’ shape on the chest. Draw rectangles on the chest as well.
– Draw 2 lines connecting the oval and curved line behind his back.
– Draw letter ‘L’ shaped rectangles for parts of the legs.
– Draw a letter ‘H’ shaped pattern on the chest.
– Draw a letter ‘U’ shape and a line on the left hand.
– Draw a letter ‘U’ shape on the right hand.
– Draw a few lines at the collar area.
– Draw lines in the legs / feet to make them 3-dimensional.
– Draw more lines on the legs. Draw 2 curved lines at the top of the legs.
– Draw a few shapes on the chest such as letter ‘U’ shapes and rectangles.
– Draw the badge on the top of the right leg. Draw 2 square shapes above the badge.
– Draw rectangles on the legs.
– Draw 2 curved lines forming a circle on the belt area.
– Thicken the lines. Also add one line that I forgot on his backpack.
– Erase guidelines (blue in this tutorial).
Finished Drawing of Emmet the Minifig from The Lego Movie
Now you have a great drawing of Emmet the minifig from The Lego Movie. I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial and that it helped you draw Emmet. Come back for more Lego Movie and Lego Minifigure drawing lessons.