Today we will show you how to draw the red-headed Scottish princess, Merida, from Disney’s Brave. We will guide you thru the process of drawing Merida with simple to follow steps by using geometric shapes, numbers, and alphabetic letters. Have Fun!
How to Draw Merida from Brave Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
Draw a circle with guidelines around it.
– Draw leaf shapes for eyes.
– Draw 3 circles (lightly) for the nose’s guidelines.
– Draw circles within the eyes.
– Outline the eyes.
– Draw a banana shaped mouth.
– Draw a #3-like shape at the bottom of the nose and at top of the head.
– Draw a letter ‘D’ shape at the bottom of the face.
– Draw comma shaped eye brows.
– Use nose’s guidelines to draw the rest of the nose.
– Draw ovals for the fingers on the left hand.
– Draw ovals to draw the arms.
– Draw a #6-like shape for the finger on the left hand.
– Draw an oval for the right hand.
– Draw wiggly lines for the sleeve line on the left hand.
– Draw some basic shapes for the hair.
– The hair is very complicated but if you take the time you can notice that there are basic shapes within the hairs, such as letters and numbers. I highlighted the hair in different colors so you can also recognize the different shapes within the hair.
– Draw wiggly lines around the left elbow and wrist…as well as the right wrist.
– Draw letter ‘U’ shapes for the fingers on the right hand.
– The hair is very complicated…just keep looking for basic shapes within the hair…such as letter ‘s’ shapes, lowercase letter ‘e’ shapes, #3 shapes, and wiggly lines in general.
– Add some more details to the shirt.
– Add letter ‘U’ shaped nails to the right hand.
– Add some more basic shapes to the shirt.
– Darken / thicken some lines that need it. Then erase guidelines.
Finished Drawing of Merida
I hope that you enjoyed drawing Merida from Disney’s Brave. I know that her hair is complicated…I hope that you didn’t get too frustrated. Come back for more drawing tutorials soon!