Today I will show you how to draw Stormly, a Deadly Nadder, from How to Train Your Dragon 1 and 2. He is Astrid’s great bid dragon and is forever faithful to her. I will guide you to drawing Stormyly with Simple, step by step instructions that you will be able to follow. I work hard to simplify each of my tutorials, I hope that this one helps you draw this beautiful dragon.
How to Draw Stormfly the Deadly Nadder Dragon from How to Train Your Dragon 1 and 2 Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
– Draw a potato-shaped circle with guidelines thru it.
– Draw a letter ‘v’ shape on the top of the head and in the center.
– Draw seed shapes at the top of the circle.
– Turn the center ‘v’ shape into a heart shape.
– Outline the seed shapes at the top.
– Draw two sideways letter ‘v’ shapes.
– Draw a curved line at the top ‘v’ shape to make the horn.
– Draw letter ‘v’ shapes all over the top of the head.
– Draw a #7-like shape on the right side of the heart-shaped mouth.
– Draw a letter ‘w’ shape in the mouth.
– Draw a curved line on the sideways letter ‘v’ shapes from the last step.
– Draw lines inside the eyes.
– Draw letter ‘v’ shaped teeth.
– Draw circles on the tongue.
– Finish up the tongue shape.
– Draw curved lines in the nostrils.
– Draw an oval around the right eye.
– Add 2 curved lines around the left eye.
– Draw an eggplant shaped body (lightly – it is a guideline).
– Draw triangle shapes on both sides of the body.
– Draw some oval-like shapes for guidelines.
– Draw ?-like shapes on the wings. Also draw a line from the triangle to the ?0shape.
– Draw some more guidelines including two letter ‘s’ shaped curves and circles.
– Draw ovals on top of the wings.
– Draw sideways #3-like shapes for the bottom of the wings.
– Draw ovals for toes.
– Outline the tail.
– Add some more details to wings.
– Add letter ‘v’ shaped spikes to tail.
– Draw letter ‘v’ shaped claws to the feet.
– Add more details to wings and claws.
– Add letter ‘U’ shapes for the texture / scales of the skin.
– Draw random odd-shapes on the tops of the wings.
Finished Drawing of Stormfly
– Add finishing details…erase guidelines…darken the remaining lines. You might want to colorize Stormfly. Or you might want to just leave it as a black and white line drawing. If you want you can print out this picture of Stormfly and use it as a printable coloring book page. Have Fun!