Drawing Minions Drawing How to Train Your Dragon Characters figure drawing cateogories
Drawing Frozen Characters Drawing Pokemon Characters how to draw chibis

How to Draw Realistic Eyes with Easy Step by Step Drawing Lessons

How to Draw Realistic Eyes with Easy Step by Step Drawing Tutorials

Being able to draw realistic human eyes looks like it would be near impossible to attain. Well, you would be wrong if you think this. I know that you could draw great, realistic eyes. The following drawing lesson will guide you through drawing realistic eyes in simple to follow steps. Find this guide below.

How to Draw Realistic Eyes with Easy Step by Step Drawing Tutorials

Step 1

Draw 3 circles.

Step 2

Lightly sketch the top lid.

Step 3

Now draw the lower lid.

Step 4

Now draw a curved line above the top lid.

Step 5

Now fix things up a bit and add the tear duct on the left side of the eye.

Step 6

Put some shadow into the tear duct by hatching a few lines. Darken in the pupil (the inner circle) and darken the outline of the circle that surrounds it.

Step 7

Now draw lines in the iris (the area around the dark circle (pupil). They are sort of like spirograph lines … like just making twisty lines. Hatch some lines for shadows under the top lid.

Step 8

Now draw the lashes as I did above.

Step 9

Now use a really good eraser to erase 2 highlights in the pupil / iris. If you did this with marker or pen or paint, then get some white paint and paint in the highlight.

Step 10

Above is the finished realistic eye drawing. I hope that yours turned out great and that you had a LOT of fun. Thanks for coming here for this tutorial.

If you still need more help in drawing human eyes, then please take a look out our Eye Drawing Tutorials Page … you will find tons of tutorials there to learn more about drawing People’s  eyes.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Print Friendly

Related Post

54 Comments on How to Draw Realistic Eyes with Easy Step by Step Drawing Lessons

1. totaly amaaaaaaaaaaaazing

2. Migara Rodrigo // September 11, 2015 at 7:56 am // Reply

Thanx a lot. Totally helped me at a school assignment. u’re da best

3. that eye was so hard but worth it

4. Omg! I love this website! It contains steps for everything I’ve ever wanted to draw! I am sooooooo glad you posted this how to draw a realistic eye! I used to think eyes were hard to draw! You wouldn’t happen to have how to draw foxes?…………..would you?

5. perfect I feel like an artist mine is way better then yours

6. Loved this tutorial. Helped me a lot and so easy to follow. I feel so happy and proud of how mine turned out.
    Thank you very much!

7. Love it mine has turned out just like yours well kind of.

8. Thank you so much!
    A while ago I found this tutorial and loved it. It changed my style and made it so much better! This is the best tutorial around, thank you so much!
    I was so scared because I tried to draw eyes (I haven’t in about 3 months) and it failed so miserably. I have an art exams coming up and I just freaked! Is really helped, thank you so so so much! 😀

9. yeaha i made it just as you

10. Sarah Noble // August 8, 2013 at 9:55 pm // Reply

Thanks a lot!! I can barely draw and out of all the sites this was the best!! I will recommend it all my drawing friends and ALWAYS use it!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!

11. catarina hartmann // February 25, 2013 at 5:27 pm // Reply

12. i tried on paper it workd tried on the computer drawing thing on this website it ended up like a bird1

13. Mexican.tortilas // November 13, 2012 at 11:19 pm // Reply

Fantastica!!! ;D

14. Awesome!!! Sooo good!!!! Now, I wonder how my left eye will turn out???

15. Wow, this is really great and easy to follow! I did a couple of steps my own way, but it was just because of my drawing style. It is really great! Thanks for teaching this to me xD

16. it is brilliant it really helped me with my art homework thanks

• I am better than u

• Pentaholic Fangirl❤ // November 17, 2015 at 9:46 pm // Reply

I did my own some steps my way too… I feel like the tear duct was a tad bit down too far… So I made it a bit higher up. This taught me how to make SUCH A GOOD EYE!!! Easy to remember too. My old eyes were sooo ugly 😂😂😂😂😂😂

17. Thank you so much, my mom was an amazing artist and i was really sad cause i lacked n that talent from my parents, and i could never draw the eyes so i just stopped drawing. Now that i saw those and learned how to do them, my drawing are looking amazing and im actually getting really good feedback on them!!!
    Thx so much!!!!!!

18. wow yours is awesoe mines not as good but its pretty good for someone who cant draw lol :)

19. thanks to these…………….i learn very much to perfect my drawings

20. Missy Anni Bel // August 12, 2012 at 1:42 am // Reply

(My name is not Missy Anni Bel)

My drawings came out AB FAB! they look great!
    I have done 2B pencil, woodless charcoal and next I’m doing graphite stick.
    My drawings look amazing!
    I never knew it was so simple…

Missy Anni Bel

21. Shadow Worrisome // July 30, 2012 at 7:46 am // Reply

wow, finally something easy to follow!
    Mine turned out great, thanks a lot!

22. thanks it turned out so good but not as good as yours. thanks again!

23. that i can do thanks i was looking for something easy like that

24. amazing

25. Jst saw ur eyes awzm!!

26. I just drew finn mc missile for My son he lvd it thnx

27. Awesome

28. You ROCK thanks for all the help it really worked out well.

29. hey it was awesome. thanx

30. vinayak thakur // February 16, 2012 at 3:58 am // Reply

its very helpful, thanks !

31. hey can you also do the left eye because im bad at makeing 2 eyes look alike

32. i like drawing and i search but i did not found know i found and i am very happy than you

33. thank you verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry much

34. omg urs is way better than mine and mine is bad i just dont no how do do step 2,3 and if i cant do them i cant do it i amm a failer

35. Wonderful website. I used. To draw all the time but had not done so in many, many years. I have really, really enjoyed this site and will continue to utilize its tutorials.

36. my eye came out great thanx :)

37. this is amazing ive been drawing my whole life and this made me go up a whole new level thnxs

38. its very helpful to draw …

39. :) i loved drawing the eye mine was no were near as good as yours but i loved it LOL thank for teachin me LOV YA FOR EVA dont eva stop this website

40. Wow! I’ve tried all my life to draw realistic eyes and finally, thanks to your help, I’ve accomplished it!

42. So helpful! Thx so much!

43. Oh my god. Finally something that I can follow! I never realized that it was so easy. THANK YOU SO MUCH. They look amazing.

44. Awesome job. Ya, yours is really good, but not as good as mine. awesomely done, :)

45. omg urs is so much better than mine but mine pretty good tnx 4 teaching me!